Wednesday, August 3

Simply Southern Soulmates

Happy August Lady-loves!  I am so excited for today because I finally get to introduce you to my fabulous sista-friend, Heather.  Heather and her fiance Chase were just recently and engaged, and the second I heard about the engagement I knew it would be the perfect love story to share with y'all!  Believe me when I say that these two are a match made in southern heaven!  Now, I may be slightly biased because Heather is a fellow Phi Mu and I just la-la-love this girlie to death, but I think their story is one that will just melt your heart and make you as giddy as a gumdrop!

How did the two of you meet?  Tell us your story!

My fiance Chace and I actually met at the young age of five!  Labeling us as childhood sweethearts would definitely be an understatement.  Chase and I celebrated birthdays together, shared couple skates hand and hand, swapped presents on the holidays, AND were each other's first kiss!  This kiss dates back to a bus ride home from kindergarten.  Coincidently, we rode the same bus route and right before Chase's stop, he pointed out my side of the window and exclaimed, "Look!  A deer!"  As I turned to catch a glimpse of the invisible decoy, Chase laid one on me!  It is truly amazing that we can tell family, friends, and even our future children that we were each other's first kiss and will be one another's last.

Describe the proposal:

July 18th, 2011 was like any other relaxing day vacationing in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with my honey.  That particular evening, Chase was very eager to watch the sunset on the beach.  Because it was a Monday night, I really wanted to watch the Bachelorette, so of course I pitched a fit as we drove to the beach.  Eventually, I stopped whining and decided that watching the sunset with Chase by my side would be far more romantic than any television show.  As the sun started sinking behind the sand dunes, Chase and I sat on the toolbox on the back of his truck as we gazed at the breathtaking sky, and he began to tell me that I was so beautiful ("prettier than the sunset" to be exact, haha) and how much he loved me.  Fortunately for me, this lovey dovey talk was not out of the ordinary because Chase is a sweet talker; so I didn't suspect a thing!  Eventually, he stood me up to my feet and said he could not imagine watching another sunset with anyone else.  Then Chase dropped to one knee and opened a ring box.  Tears instantly flooded my eyes as I hugged him tight and tried to see the blurry, yet gorgeous diamond ring through my watery eyes.  Because I was completely surprised, I totally forgot to say "yes" until about one minute after the whole proposal!  So there we stood in the back of a truck bed, parked on the beach, with the sun dipping below the dunes, madly in love and happily engaged!

What ideas or plans have you made for the wedding so far?

Because Chase and I currently live five hours away from our home in Virginia, it has been difficult scoping out possible venues to host our wedding.  Thankfully, my momma has so graciously been driving to and from various spots and sending us pictures and her thoughts of the venues.  So far, we have taken engagement pictures which will be used on our "save the dates" (once we settle on a date!) and we have made a guest list!  Until we can visit venues ourselves in the upcoming future, we will be spending many hours on the internet researching locations for our picture perfect wedding!

If you could describe what you hope your big day will be like in three words, what would they be?

Romantic, breathtaking, and unforgettable!

What kind of style are you hoping to achieve on your big day?

Chase and I love putting on our country boots, but we also like to kick them off every once and a while to dip our toes in the sand at the beach!  With that said, we will without a doubt be incorporating southern and sandy elements to tie our interests together as one!

Have you set a date for the wedding, yet?  If not, do you have a time of the year in mind, and why?

An official date for our wedding has not been set quite yet (but we're working on that minor detail)!  Summer is our absolute favorite time of the year, and we are aiming to say "I do" in either late June or July of 2012.  I would really like to recreate the same scenic sky that radiated during Chase's proposal to me, so hopefully we will be able to say our vows as the sun sinks below the horizon (at an altar, not a truck bed of course)!



Thanks for sharing your ah-mazing story, Heather!  We can't wait to hear all about the magnificent details of your special day!  Wishing you and Chase all the best in your future together!

XOXO.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and there's SO much more to this beautiful love story! Thank you for taking the time to post this special blog for Heather and her fiance Chase! This is a wonderful time for both of our families... :)

    ReplyDelete